Are you craving a delicious and flavorful meal that’s easy to prepare? Look no further than this Hawaiian chopped steak recipe! This dish is packed with juicy ground beef, tangy pineapple, and savory seasonings that will transport you straight to the shores of Hawaii. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or entertaining guests, this recipe is sure to impress. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at how to make Hawaiian chopped steak and everything you need to know to get the best results.
What is Hawaiian Chopped Steak?
Hawaiian chopped steak, also known as “Hawaiian Hamburger Steak,” is a popular dish that blends American and Asian flavors. It typically consists of ground beef mixed with various ingredients such as onions, garlic, soy sauce, and seasonings. The mixture is then shaped into patties and cooked to perfection. The dish gets its “Hawaiian” twist from the addition of pineapple, which adds a touch of sweetness and tropical flavor.
Let’s start by gathering the ingredients you’ll need to make this mouthwatering dish:
– 1 pound ground beef
– 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
– 1/4 cup milk
– 1/2 cup diced onions
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained
– 1/4 cup ketchup
– 1/4 cup water
– 2 tablespoons cornstarch
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, milk, diced onions, minced garlic, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chopped parsley, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
2. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a patty. Set aside.
Cooking the Chopped Steaks:
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the chopped steaks to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until they reach your desired level of doneness. Remove the cooked steaks from the skillet and set aside.
Preparing the Sauce:
1. In the same skillet, add the pineapple chunks and cook for 2-3 minutes, until slightly caramelized.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup, water, and cornstarch until smooth. Pour the mixture into the skillet with the pineapple and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
1. Place the cooked chopped steaks onto a serving plate and top each one with a generous amount of the pineapple sauce.
2. Garnish with additional chopped parsley, if desired.
Serve and Enjoy!
Now that your Hawaiian chopped steak is ready, it’s time to serve and enjoy this delicious meal. The combination of the juicy beef patties, tangy pineapple sauce, and flavorful seasonings is sure to please your taste buds. Serve the chopped steaks with your favorite side dishes, such as steamed rice or a colorful salad, for a complete and satisfying meal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef?
A: Yes, you can substitute ground turkey for ground beef if you prefer a leaner option. Keep in mind that ground turkey has a milder flavor, so you may want to add additional seasonings to enhance the taste.
Q: Can I freeze the chopped steaks?
A: Yes, you can freeze the uncooked choppedsteaks. Simply shape the mixture into patties and place them in an airtight container or freezer bag. Thaw them in the refrigerator before cooking as directed.
Q: What other toppings can I add?
A: While the pineapple sauce adds a delightful flavor to the chopped steaks, you can get creative and add other toppings as well. Some popular options include sautéed mushrooms and onions or a fried egg on top of each patty.
Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
A: Absolutely! You can prepare the chopped steaks and cook them in advance. Once cooked, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the oven or microwave before serving.
Hawaiian chopped steak is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that brings a taste of the islands to your dining table. With its juicy beef patties, tangy pineapple sauce, and savory seasonings, it’s a flavor explosion that will have you coming back for seconds. Whether you’re enjoying a casual weeknight dinner or hosting a special occasion, this recipe is sure to impress your family and friends. So why not give it a try and transport your taste buds straight to the sunny shores of Hawaii?