Cry Baby Noodles Recipe: Spicy, Tangy, and Absolutely Delicious!
Are you looking for a new and exciting recipe to try? Look no further! In this article, we will be exploring the mouth-watering world of Cry Baby Noodles. This recipe is a perfect blend of heat, tanginess, and bold flavors that will leave your taste buds craving for more. Whether you’re a spice lover or just looking to try something different, Cry Baby Noodles will surely impress your family and friends. So, let’s dive right in and learn how to make this delectable dish!
To start with, let’s gather all the required ingredients for our Cry Baby Noodles recipe. You can find these ingredients at your local grocery store or Asian market:
1. Egg noodles – 8 ounces
2. Shrimp – 1/2 pound, peeled and deveined
3. Chicken breast – 1/2 pound, thinly sliced
4. Garlic – 4 cloves, minced
5. Ginger – 1-inch piece, minced
6. Bell peppers – 1/2 cup, thinly sliced
7. Red onion – 1/2 cup, thinly sliced
8. Green onions – 1/2 cup, sliced
9. Soy sauce – 3 tablespoons
10. Rice vinegar – 2 tablespoons
11. Sriracha sauce – 2 tablespoons
12. Lime juice – 1 tablespoon
13. Brown sugar – 1 tablespoon
14. Sesame oil – 1 tablespoon
15. Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
16. Salt – to taste
17. Black pepper – to taste
18. Fresh cilantro – for garnish
1. Cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sriracha sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, sesame oil, salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
4. Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes until pink and cooked through. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
5. In the same skillet, add another tablespoon of vegetable oil and heat it up.
6. Add the minced garlic and ginger and sauté for about a minute until fragrant.
7. Add the thinly sliced chicken breast to the skillet and cook until it’s no longer pink in the center, around 4-5 minutes.
8. Add the bell peppers and red onion to the skillet and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes until they are slightly tender.
9. Now, add the cooked egg noodles and the prepared sauce to the skillet. Toss everything together to coat the noodles and veggies evenly.
10. Finally, add the cooked shrimp back into the skillet and toss to combine.
11. Garnish with fresh cilantro and sliced green onions.
12. Serve hot and enjoy the delicious, spicy, and tangy Cry Baby Noodles!
Variations and Tips:
– If you prefer a vegetarian version, you can omit the shrimp and chicken and add your favorite vegetables like broccoli, mushrooms, or carrots.
– For an extra kick of heat, you can add some chopped red chili peppers or extra sriracha sauce to the dish.
– Feel free to adjust the amount of sriracha sauce and lime juice according to your taste preferences.
– To make it a complete meal, you can add some scrambled eggs or tofu for added protein.
– If you’re a fan of extra crunch, sprinkle some crushed peanuts or toasted sesame seeds on top before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I use other types of noodles for this recipe?
Absolutely! While egg noodles work great for this recipe, you can also use other types of noodles like udon noodles, rice noodles, or even spaghetti noodles if that’s what you have on hand. Just adjust the cooking time according to the package instructions.
Q: Is this recipe very spicy?
The level of spiciness can be adjusted according to your taste. If you want it milder, you can reduce the amount of sriracha sauce or omit it altogether. Alternatively, if you prefer a spicier kick, feel free to add more sriracha sauce or even some chili flakes.
Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
While the flavors are best when enjoyed immediately, you can definitely prepare some components of the recipe ahead of time. You can cook the noodles and store them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook the rest. However, it’s always best to cook the protein and vegetables fresh for the best texture and taste.
Cry Baby Noodles are a delightful combination of bold flavors and textures that will leave you wanting more. It’s a versatile recipe that can be customized to your preferences and enjoyed by everyone, regardless of their spice tolerance. So why not give it a try and impress your loved ones with this delicious and satisfying dish? Happy cooking!