If you’re looking for a delicious and flavorful way to enjoy Brussels sprouts, look no further than Cooper’s Hawk Brussels Sprout recipe. This recipe takes the humble Brussels sprout and elevates it to a whole new level with the addition of bold flavors and textures. Whether you’re a Brussels sprout lover or a skeptic, this recipe is sure to win you over. So let’s dive in and learn how to make this mouthwatering dish.
Brussels sprouts are often underrated and dismissed as boring or bland. However, when cooked using the right techniques and paired with the right ingredients, they can be transformed into a crowd-pleasing dish. Cooper’s Hawk Brussels Sprout recipe does just that. It combines the earthy and slightly bitter taste of Brussels sprouts with tangy and savory flavors to create a dish that’s both comforting and satisfying.
The Ingredients You’ll Need
To make Cooper’s Hawk Brussels Sprout recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
1. Brussels sprouts: Fresh Brussels sprouts are the star of this recipe. Look for firm sprouts with bright green leaves and no signs of wilting or browning. It’s important to choose sprouts that are similar in size for even cooking.
2. Bacon: The smoky and salty flavors of bacon pair perfectly with Brussels sprouts. Use high-quality bacon for the best flavor.
3. Dried Cranberries: Dried cranberries add a touch of sweetness and a burst of color to the dish. They balance out the earthy flavors of the Brussels sprouts and bacon.
4. Red onions: Red onions provide a mild and slightly sweet flavor. They add another layer of complexity to the dish.
5. Balsamic glaze: Balsamic glaze adds a tangy and sweet element to the dish. It brings all the flavors together and adds a nice finishing touch.
The Preparation Steps
Now that you have all the ingredients, it’s time to start cooking. Follow these steps to make Cooper’s Hawk Brussels Sprout recipe:
1. Prep the Brussels sprouts: Trim off any tough or wilted outer leaves from the Brussels sprouts. Cut each sprout in half lengthwise, from top to bottom.
2. Cook the bacon: In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
3. Sauté the Brussels sprouts: In the same skillet with the bacon drippings, add the Brussels sprouts cut side down. Cook over medium heat until they start to turn golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Flip the sprouts and cook for another 5 minutes until tender and caramelized.
4. Add the onions and cranberries: Slice the red onions thinly and add them to the skillet with the Brussels sprouts. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the onions are softened. Add the dried cranberries and sauté for another minute until they are warmed through.
5. Crumble the bacon and add it back in: Crumble the cooked bacon into small pieces and add it back into the skillet with the Brussels sprouts, onions, and cranberries. Stir everything together to combine.
6. Drizzle with balsamic glaze: Just before serving, drizzle the Brussels sprouts with balsamic glaze. The glaze should add a sweet and tangy flavor to the dish.
7. Serve and enjoy: Transfer the Brussels sprout mixture to a serving dish and serve immediately. The dish pairs well with roasted meats, grilled chicken, or as a standalone vegetarian option.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do I store leftovers?
If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will keep well for up to 3 days. Reheat the leftovers in a skillet over medium heat until warmed through.
Q. Can I use frozen Brussels sprouts?
While fresh Brussels sprouts are recommended for the best texture and flavors, you can use frozen Brussels sprouts in a pinch. Just make sure to thaw and pat them dry before cooking.
Q. Can I make this recipe vegetarian?
Absolutely! Simply omit the bacon and use olive oil or butter to sauté the Brussels sprouts. You can also add some toasted nuts like walnuts or pecans for added crunch and flavor.
Cooper’s Hawk Brussels Sprout recipe is a fantastic way to enjoy this often underrated and misunderstood vegetable. The combination of crispy bacon, tangy dried cranberries, and sweet balsamic glaze takes Brussels sprouts to a whole new level. Whether you’re serving it as a side dish or a main course, this recipe is bound to impress your family and friends. Give it a try and discover the delightful flavors of this dish!